Life is not just about highs. I have created a list of my favourite 3 Ted Talks to inspire you to keep fighting for what you want and boost your self-confidence.
We all have low days, low months or even low years! In fact, the ‘lows’ are what make the ‘highs’ so good.
There could be many reasons for having low periods in our lives:
- Perhaps, you feel like your career has hit a plateau.
- Perhaps, you are trying to achieve something for a very long time, but the stars are just not aligning.
- Perhaps, luck doesn’t seem to be on your side.
- Perhaps, you don't feel content and fulfilled.All of these things can cause a glut in our self-confidence and esteem. During such instances, a few words of wisdom and motivation can go a long way.Therefore,
3 Talks that will drastically boost your self-confidence
1. ‘The Power of believing you can improve’ - Carol Dweck (10 minutes, 20 seconds)
This Ted Talk, by Carol Dweck, emphasises that we are all on a learning curve. She takes a beautiful example of her childhood experience where students who failed in a class didn't receive a ‘F’ grade but rather a ‘Not yet.’ This just goes to show that we all have the capacity to improve and learn – but everyone does this at their own pace.
2.‘How I beat Stage Fright’ – Joe Kowan (8 minutes, 3 seconds)
In this powerful talk, Joe explains the root cause of fear – it is an evolutionary adaptation! As a stage performer himself, Joe details his own experiences of developing stage fear and also the process he used to overcome the same.
3.‘Your Body Language Shapes who you are’ – Amy Cuddy (20 minutes, 55 seconds)
It is common knowledge that your body language can influence how others perceive you.
However, did you know that, your body language can also influence how you see your own self?!
Amy talks about how we can change other people’s perceptions about us (and even our own body chemistry), by just making few small changes to our body positions.
Even two minutes of ‘body position adjusting exercises’ can have a huge impact on how we feel and therefore, how we perform.
Check out the above videos to have a quick boost in will-power and confidence during your ‘lows’ in life.
P.S Do share with us your favourite motivational talk (if it’s not already on the list)